How to Get into Your Goldilocks Zone!
5 steps to make the best of your life
What is the Goldilocks Zone
The Goldilocks Zone refers to the habitable zone around a star where the warmth is just right – not too hot and not too cold – for water to exist on a planet. Discover your own personal “Goldilocks Zone” and create a purposeful, satisfying, and fulfilling life with the help of tools and 5 steps described in this book. By starting your journey towards a meaningful life early on, knowing what you would like it to be and pursuing what you are passionate about, you’ll be able to experience true fulfilment.
Using Goldilocks Zone as a metaphor, this zone is the perfect combination of conditions where you can make the best of your life. This book helps you make the best of your life on this planet in five steps. There are huge gaps between what people want to do versus what they end up doing. After spending a lot of time and energy, through trial and error, they tend to move to what they want to do. The earlier you get into your ‘Goldilocks Zone’ the better. When you operate in your Goldilocks Zone you will be actively creating the perfect combination of conditions to make the best of your life.
See the interesting Sand-art depicting the context and relevance of the ‘Goldilocks Zone’.
Make the best of your life, Now!
Why did I write this book?
- For the last few years I’ve been thinking about writing on this topic, which is very close to my heart. The Covid and work from home phase possibly created the right conditions for me to write the book.
- I stumbled on this path of self-discovery rather late in life, in fact, my early forties. I would like to help my fellow beings go through this process earlier in their lives so that they may benefit from leveraging the outcomes for the larger part. The earlier one starts on this journey knowing what they would like it to be, the more fulfilling that journey will be.
- We potentially limit making the best of our life by not discovering our purpose, and not necessarily because of any limitation related to our abilities, capabilities, skills and competencies. Life becomes more focused, motivating and meaningful if we have identified the purpose.
Who is this book for?
- For someone who has completed their basic education and taken up a job / work assignment for a few years (have an idea of what they like and what they do not).
- For someone who feels restless and is missing something in their life.
- Someone who is not sure if they are on the right career path.
- Someone trying to understand themselves better by pursuing more meaning and fulfilment in life.
- Someone trying to carve out a long term path for themselves.
How does this book help you?
- What is my true calling?
- What am I passionate about?
- How do I do what I want to do?
- What is the purpose of my life?
- How do I find satisfaction in my life?
Are these questions keeping you awake at night? All these questions are interwoven. To address and resolve these questions I believe you should operate in your ‘Goldilocks Zone’. This book also provides tools to help you change what you are doing, change how you do it and more importantly, why are you doing it – helping you make the best of your life in 5 steps.
This book helps in not only exploring the purpose of one’s life but also taking the next step of identifying a strategy to fulfil that purpose. This journey is about moving from just making a living to making the best of life, not just having happy moments but instead, experiencing sustained satisfaction.
What are the outcomes / benefits one can expect reading this book?
- The opportunity to reflect, plan, implement and actually lead a more satisfying and fulfilling life.
- The book gives you the opportunity to step back and reflect. Pushes you to think about the purpose of your life, and plan steps to pursue your purpose.
- Helps you in balancing what you need to do and what you want to do.
- Helps you discover yourself and also helps you take support from others on aspects that you identify as gaps in fulfilling your purpose.
- Help you identify your turning points in life that may be the basis for your purpose.
- Helps you plan your implementation strategy in a structured manner.
- Helps you believe that nothing is impossible if you are really passionate about it.
- The earlier one starts on this journey knowing what they would like it to be, the more fulfilling that journey will be.
- Allows you and those in your influence zone to pursue what they are passionate about.
- Helps you assess if you are already in your ‘Goldilocks Zone’ or need to plan to get into.
What are the unique aspects about this book?
- Action oriented: There are many self-help books this one starts by focusing on ethics. While many books focus on helping you find your purpose or passion, this book does not stop there. It goes further to what skills are required, and most importantly helps develop and implement a strategic action plan.
- Research based: The observations in this book are supported with statistics from a custom research.
- Engaging: This is not a book meant to read through and put aside. This book engages you, helps you in self-reflection and self-discovery through worksheets and exercises across the book.
- Surprise yourself: The worksheets and exercises particularly help raise some intriguing questions. Try answering them and surprise yourself.
Share your book review
I’ll be happy to know your views and feedback about the book. Other readers will also be benefited.
Please share them on the Amazon site.
Click here to share your book review on Amzon India.
Paintings in the book
Make the best of your life, Now!
About The Author
An ICF Certified Coach with 30+ years of corporate experience, known for his transformative roles in operations and business development, specializing in offshoring and shared services, and currently focused on aiding individual and organizational growth.
- He offers consulting services to a diverse range of clients, including organizations embarking on the shared services journey at various stages, from those setting up services to those aiming to optimize their operations or expand their capabilities and geographical reach. His areas of expertise include Business Consulting, Purpose Alignment, Strategy, Operations, Quality, Talent Engagement, Executive Coaching & Development, and Campus-to-Corporate transition.
- With over three decades of experience in strategic leadership roles in multinational corporations, he is uniquely positioned to guide organizations towards growth.
- Expertise in establishing and optimizing offshore shared services, including Marketing, HR/Talent, Learning, Finance, IT services, Helpdesk, Compliance, and professional services.
- Skilled in fostering stakeholder relationships, driving innovation, and enhancing operational efficiency.
- Proven track record in building offshore operations from the ground up, delivering value beyond cost considerations. Lead a business support operations offshore delivery center of 1,000 team members and other large operations supporting global stakeholders.
- Holding ICF (International Coaching Federation) certifications as a Life Coach, Executive Coach, and Career Transition Coach, he excels in unlocking individuals’ potential, enabling them to overcome career challenges and lead fulfilling lives.
- He coaches introverts for workplace success, supporting them progress from individual contributors to managerial roles, and further advancing from managerial positions to leadership roles.
- He coaches individuals returning to work after extended breaks and eases students’ transitions into the professional workplace.
- He coaches leaders and senior management, enabling them to acquire invaluable skills, heightened self-awareness, and a more profound alignment with organizational goals. Areas like leadership skills, communication, strategic thinking, conflict resolution, relationship building, goal achievement, adaptability, personal growth, and well-being.
- As the author of “How to Get into Your Goldilocks Zone,” he emphasizes the importance of self-discovery and fulfillment.
Creative and Artistic Expression
- Rohit found that art profoundly enhances creativity in both work and the workplace. By embracing art as a tool for nurturing creative leadership, individuals undergo a profound transformation in how they tackle challenges, foster innovation, and encourage collaboration.
- This approach encourages creative problem-solving, out-of-the-box thinking, innovative solutions, and collaborative brainstorming, enabling individuals to elevate their roles and inspire their teams on a shared creative journey.
- As a passionate artist deeply connected to Indian culture, his paintings convey messages of positivity, optimism, love, and care. Explore his gallery, and if you wish, he can collaborate with you to create a personalized painting that resonates with your soul.
Facilitator, Speaker, Author
- Rohit is the author of the transformative book “How to Get into Your Goldilocks Zone,” offering readers a practical five-step guide to optimizing their lives.
- As a dynamic speaker and experienced facilitator, he conducts engaging sessions and workshops on a wide range of topics, including Finding one’s purpose, Aligning organizational and individual purposes, Fostering a growth mindset, Navigating transitions, Embracing change, Igniting creativity in the workplace, Building meaningful relationships, and more.
- His diverse expertise empowers individuals and organizations to reach their full potential.
Buy the book
Do you want to lead a more purposeful life, doing what you are passionate about and most suited for?
Get into your Goldilocks Zone and lead a more focused and satisfying life.